Tuesday, 3 September 2013

The Factor That Make Up Who I am


"Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are."


It was the first challenge of Jenni's monthly event:BLOGTEMBER and the sentence above is the topic of this day. Actually, the event will start on September 3rd, but on that day I have to go to my campus, so I replacing it with this time. I don't know exactly about the topic, is it means about my origin as a human? Or it wants me to describe about my family and my hometown? Whatever, it doesn't matter. I think everyone has already know about human's origin. SO, today I' ll describe about my hometown and my family. (‾▿‾) (‾▿‾) (‾▿‾)


My Lovely Hometown

I come from Surabaya, Indonesia. The City of Heroes. Surabaya (formely : Soerabadja) was a metropole city which located on the northern shore of eastern Java at the mouth of the Mas River and along the edge of the Madura Strait in Java island,  an island with the largest population in Indonesia. Surabaya is the state of East Java, one of province in Indonesia. The word of Surabaya locally believed was formed from two words. Sura which means Sura fish and Baya which means a crocodile in Indonesian language. Well, its only a local myth, nevermind about it. If you wanna know more about Surabaya, you can read my other articles which related with it here. Basically, I was pretty ostracized in my hometown. Me and a few other guys were the town freaks. As a child, All I wanted is only two things - to be left alone to read my library books, and to get away from my provincial hometown and go to London, Tokyo or Texas to be an astronout. \(´▽`)/  \(´▽`)/ \(´▽`)/
#Stop dreaming, You're a scientist now !!
(ヽ `д´)┌┛★)`з゜)


My Family

The word History,it seems so complicated, struggle or despair, failure or success. Every time, Our life always challenge us. sometimes, its hardly believe, feels like we won't make it happen, but when we remembering every moment that we have passed, we will realize that we have learned everything from it and our life won't excited without that moment. That was how I thinking about my life. I come from a settled family. My dad was Javanese and my mom was Sundanese. My family never have any financial problem, it doesn't mean that we are rich. Just using money in accordance with the requirements.



My dad and my mom (σ‾▿‾)-σ  (‾▽‾)♥(‾⌣‾)

Even that I can have everything from my parents, but my parents raised me to be an independent person. They taught me to be strong person who can keep living without them. They give me a freedom to choose which path that I want to take. They don't want to look their child growing up with any necessity. Both of my parents are worker. They work in different companies and it spent their time a lot. They only have 6 hours a day to meet their child. I have raised by two of my uncle, three of my aunt and my grandma since I was 4 years old.

My uncle (Kardjito) with his son (Aris) on my dad's birthday party


My uncle (Achwan) with three of my aunt (Nur, Annisa and Amenah)
on my dad's birthday party


When I was on elementary school, My dad bought me a mountain bike. Since it was a mountain bike, of course the size is too big for me. but I know that my dad have another purpose why he give such a big size bike and I use that bike until I graduated from middle high school. My school was an elite school in Surabaya. Although everyone have picked up by car with their parents, I still use my old mountain bike. Actually my mom and dad could have picked me up after work. Somehow, by any means necessary I should be able to fight without bothering my parents.

My dad once said,


"Son, Life is hard enough. if I have to choose between money and honor. I will choose a honor. Because money can make you different, You won't be yourself if you tempted by money. Even it will make my family suffer. At least, my son won't stuck on the wrong path."




From my dad I realize that I won't That's why I still happy with my life. Even I have everything in my life and my dad’s salary far above the UMR, I still confident with my status as a student and also a restaurant waiter. I don't want to take this life easily with
use my parents assets. I want to be a great scientist and a good citizen with my own struggle. 'Hard worker and never show your weakness' that sentence is enough to describe who I am.











No comments:

Post a Comment