Hi
there, fellas. Long time no see (it was 4 days since my last post, right ?).
Today I will post about the sheep. Come on, its absolutely not the folktale about 3 sheep and
the wolvy. I will tell you about miracle of the sheep. A super sheep! *haha of
course its not like that* (ヽ `д´)┌┛★)`з゜) . Okay be serious now. I will tell you about summary
of the journal that I had read last night, here we goes.
![]() |
Sheep (called domba in Indonesia) are ruminant mammals typically kept as livestock. It looks like a goat but its more fluffy since it have fur that covered its body. Sheep are most likely descended from the wild mouflon of Europe and Asia. One of the earliest animals to be domesticated for agricultural purposes, sheep are raised for fleece, meat and milk. A sheep’s wool is the most widely used animal fiber, and is usually harvested by shearing. Ovine meat is called lamb when from young animals and mutton when from older ones. Nowadays, sheep continue to be important for wool and meat, and are also occasionally raised for pelts, as dairy animals or as model organisms for science.
![]() |
In another case, I will tell you about ancient mythology creature called chimeras, chimeras were part animal, part human — Hmm, how could I said. Its an imaginary creatures that took many forms. I mean it can change its appearance. Now scientists are actually creating them. The new creations may look like sheep, but they are part human.
![]() |
Remember that they are (creature like chimera) still a sheep, but it have significant amounts of human cells in its different organs. The scientist creates that sheep at the University of Nevada's agricultural research station outside Reno. The main purpose is to produce a source of organs, especially livers, to transplant someday into humans. How we can do that ? of course by putting these organs back into the human, we may be able to allow the humanized portion to regenerate into a full-functioning organ.
There is a little explanation to this, to make the chimeras, researchers use stem cells (my lecturer said it was a cells that can develop into many other kinds of cells ). Here's how it works, The researchers take stem cells from the bone marrow (Medulla ossium) of adult humans. They put these cells into the sheep while the animals are growing in their mothers' wombs (the have it injected to sheep fetus). When the sheep are born, they have millions of human cells in all of their organs. Those cells are genetically identical to the person who donated the bone marrow.
So, in
other words, if a patient needed a liver, doctors would take some of the
patient’s cells and use a sheep to grow a liver for that patient. The fact is our
body will vigorously reject the sheep part of the liver, but allow the human part
to remain, because it's our own cells.
Based
on the journal, The level of human cell activity in the central nervous system
is rather low. It's less than one percent. I think the research will get
increasing attention for its medical potential and its ethical dilemmas, like
the other research such as cloning.
Well, I think its enough for today and Thank you so much for your visit, see yaaa~







No comments:
Post a Comment