Here we go, another wonderful place called
Nami island. Nami island is a small island located in Gangwon. Nami's local people also call
themselves as Naminara Republic. My friend said that it's the grave of General
Nami, one of the greatest general of Joseon Dynasty. It’s well known for its
lined beautiful trees and panoramas. There are no wires along the island because all
electric wires were built underground to keep the natural of the
landscape. Nami also popular because of Winter sonata, a korean
drama starred by Choi Ji Woo and Bae Yong Joonwhich which has filmed
in this gorgeous island in 2002.
Nami island located far enough to the east
of Seoul. Take the subway will be a good idea, although it will takes our time almost 1,5 hours. Then we can continue with bus for 15 minutes and
ferry for 20 minutes. Here are the details of my experience :
I started my journey from Hyehwa at 06.30 AM. First, I
need to go to Sangbong station. So I have to pass 9 stations from Hyehwa, which means I have
to pay 1250 won by using the transit card. The trip takes 40 minutes and I
have to transfer at Dongdaemun station and Wangsimni station. Such a tiring journey 'cause the distance is more than 32 Km.
After that, I take the other line started
from Sangbong to Gapyeong. It takes longer time, around 1 hours. I think it's long
enough to watch 1 episode of Korean drama. By passing 12 station i have to pay 2150 won,
it's more expensive since the distance is so much further but no transfer needed along this trip.
Voila ! I have reached Gapyeong station !
Gapyeong station looks cool, widely open, quiet enough and very clean. I want to stay any longer but I need to reach the dock before afternoon, so let's forget about it. Actually, I can go to the dock on foot. But it will takes 30 minutes, just wasting my time. So I think it would be better if I take the bus. Therefore, I'm looking for a station staff and ask about the shuttle bus schedule. After I get what I want, I go outside and I just realize that this station is located in rural country. It's awesome, this is my first time visit rural country in Korea. I can see beautiful hills around me, ancient statues, many trees, and beautiful Korean ladies.
The bus randomly arrives between 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM, But in fact, i still wait for more than 40 minutes. I spend my time to take a selfie, listening to the music, talking with my friend, and geez seriously, it takes my time so long, I wonder why the bus comes late on that day.
I arrive at the dock at 09.00 by bus, then I buy 9 tickets for me and my friends. We take the second ferry which will operate 30 minutes later (09.30). While we wait for it, we walk around to take some pictures (again)
FYI, there are 3 ways to get to Naminara island
1. Using zip wires (I can
die for this)
2. By Ferry (wise choice)
3. Swimming by yourself (if
you want to look manly)
![]() |
| Waiting for the ferry at Gapyeong dock |
![]() |
| Some store near the dock |
![]() |
| The parking lot |
![]() |
| Zip Wires in Gapyeong (Chloe's Blog, 2016) |
Finally,
i got here.
All i have to do now is show my passport and pay an entrance fee for 8000 won
All i have to do now is show my passport and pay an entrance fee for 8000 won
Nami
island open at 09.00 AM and close at 20.00 PM. So I suggest taking 06.30
subway from Seoul if you want to be the first person who comes in this
wonderful island. I also suggest visiting Nami during fall or winter. The entrance
fee is 10000 won but if you have a discount it will be 8000 won. For your under 3 years old kid, it will cost 4000 won. Discount only supposed to middle
or high school student, persons with disability, elders up to 70 years old, and
foreigners. Besides the beautiful landscape. Nami island also has some
facilities such as listed below :
Culture Experiences
Picture Book Playground, Handicraft Studio, Nami Eco-school, Nami Island Glass Workshop
Picture Book Playground, Handicraft Studio, Nami Eco-school, Nami Island Glass Workshop
Exhibits
Drama Gallery, Junghwa Art
Gallery, Hoban Gallery, Nami Gallery, Yanggu White Porcelain Gallery, Pyeonghwarang,
UNICEF Hall, Ryu Hongjuin World Folk Instrument Exhibit Hall, Yu Qing Chung
Sculpture Park Happy Garden.
Performance Halls
Outdoor Music Stage, UNICEF Sharing Stage, Youth Stage of Belgrade, Manner Square Outdoor Stage, Water Stage, Song Museum Magic Hall, Under-stage Amphitheater.
Small Theme Gardens
Baekpungmilwon Garden, Sujaewon Garden, Hampyeong Garden, Changpyeongwon Garden, Hwaseokwon Garden, Sequoia Family Garden, Namipungwon Garden, Nami Dodamsambong, White Birch Forest, Dew Garden, Tomb of the General, Lover’s Woods, Cheongyeongwon Garden, Changgyeongwon Garden, Unchi Garden, Nakusong Royal Garden, Cheongpungwon Garden, Pitowon Garden, YMCA LiPia Garden
Outdoor Music Stage, UNICEF Sharing Stage, Youth Stage of Belgrade, Manner Square Outdoor Stage, Water Stage, Song Museum Magic Hall, Under-stage Amphitheater.
Small Theme Gardens
Baekpungmilwon Garden, Sujaewon Garden, Hampyeong Garden, Changpyeongwon Garden, Hwaseokwon Garden, Sequoia Family Garden, Namipungwon Garden, Nami Dodamsambong, White Birch Forest, Dew Garden, Tomb of the General, Lover’s Woods, Cheongyeongwon Garden, Changgyeongwon Garden, Unchi Garden, Nakusong Royal Garden, Cheongpungwon Garden, Pitowon Garden, YMCA LiPia Garden
Restaurants
Bamnamu Tteokbokki, Nami Island Hua Jia Won, Huyusona, Peace Room, Café Amuse, Di Matteo, Gomok, Seomhyanggi, Yeonga, General’s Rest Area, Coffee Gongbang, Eco Café Hobansae, Sun and Moon Live Café
Bamnamu Tteokbokki, Nami Island Hua Jia Won, Huyusona, Peace Room, Café Amuse, Di Matteo, Gomok, Seomhyanggi, Yeonga, General’s Rest Area, Coffee Gongbang, Eco Café Hobansae, Sun and Moon Live Café
Seminar Rooms
Andersen Hall, Gongsimwon, Myeonggang Hall, Imaginary Star Paradise
Others
Moslem prayer room, Nursing room, ATM, money changer













No comments:
Post a Comment